Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rainbow Beauties

This past August I went to the Costa Mesa Gem Faire.  I was on a mission to re-stock some sorely needed supplies, and I ended up with this amazing eclectic mish-mashed collection of semi-precious goodies.  They are, from left to right:  Umba Sapphire, pink pearl, Blue Florite, Sun Stone, Peruvian Opal, Genuine Ruby, Labradorite, Tanzanite Quartz, Diamond Labradorite (2 strands), Ruby and Sapphire.  These beauties will make their way into all sorts of projects.  I can't wait to use them!  Look at all of this color!


Below is that strand of Umba Sapphire from the far left.  This is my most favorite stone right now.  I have transformed the beautiful strand into a bracelet and earring set and I wear them nearly every day.  Did you know that sapphire could be so beautiful?  It is so earthy, warm, and unexpected to me.  I LOVE the faceted cut of this stone.


And below are several pairs of earrings made from the different beads.  Beautiful dangley baubles!  My favorite!!

 


No comments: